Sunday, December 26, 2010

Sample Sockstravaganza!

Wintery greetings!

I finally managed to knit up some sample socks out of my hand dyed "Rock 'em Sock 'em" colorways, and I'm really pleased with how they turned out.

Here's "Beauregarde" knitted in Cookie A's Cubist pattern:













\


And this other pair is knit by my mother out of the colorway "Dandy Lion"

The pattern is Butterfly Socks by Wendy D. Johnson, from her book: "Socks from the Toe Up"




















Hooray! I'm really pleased with how they came out, for some of my first attempts at dyeing sock yarn professionally. No weird pool-patterns (Although sometimes those can turn out surprisingly gorgeous.) or problems, and really nice to work with.

So anyways, happy holiday knitting, and enjoy the downtime!

(Let the making of fibery New Years resolutions begin... I think one of mine is going to be to post more of my projects on Ravelry.)


No comments:

Post a Comment